Thursday, July 24, 2008

All of Grace

Dick and Ricky Hoyt are a father and son that do triathlons together. Ricky has had cerebral palsy since he was born and is totally and completely unable to participate in the races. His dad does all the work in the races, he runs, cycles and swims for Ricky because he cannot. At the end of the race they BOTH celebrate and the father is so happy and joyful for his son, and the son rejoices in the strength of the father.

Watch this video and be moved, not just because of the amazing story of family love, but of what it points to. The amazing love displayed by our Heavenly Father to make us his son, and to run the race through us, by his power, and in the end we both celebrate. We celebrate as if we have run it and done anything, and we should because our father delights in our celebrating and excitement.

“But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.” (I Corinthians 15:10)

(even when he types in "I can" at the end, remember we cannot!)


(I had no idea JT posted on this today too, we watched it in my seminary class)

No comments: