Thursday, March 20, 2008

Madness Day 1


I love this day, it is the beginning of the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. It is when Cinderellas shine at the ball and Goliaths are slain (symbolically speaking). I have the afternoon off as well as tomorrow, so if you need me I will be on my couch enjoying the Madness.

It is not as fun due to the fact the New Mexico lost last night in the 1st round of the NIT, but it is still the greatest month to be a sports fan. I remember 2 years ago watching George Mason, a team no one heard of, they did not just get one special victory they got 4 wins and found themselves in the Final Four! I also remember when I was in elementary school and the UNM Lobos were in the dance and we would spend the day watching the game, it was great fun.

Seriously what other sporting event is as fun to watch and enjoy as March Madness??

1 comment:

Greg said...

I don't know...I use to like when they had the strong man competitions and the guys would through the empty kegs. Just once I wish they would get hit on the head by one coming back down.