Friday, February 15, 2008

Like Van Til, Only Better

21v7eh0vnjl_aa180_.jpg

That is Covenant Professor Dr. Sean Michael Lucas's view of Tim Keller's new book . Here is what Dr. Lucas says:
I had to smile in recognition to the apologetic methodology--moving on to the unbeliever's turf in order to show the inconsistencies of their own worldview and then demonstrating that only a Christian worldview can make sense of any thing. It was just like Van Til.

...Only without the confusing terminology. And a whole heap more readable. And winsome. And literate. And interesting. And, well, better. I'm looking forward to finishing the book over the weekend.

Click Here for Rest of Dr. Lucas's view


Tim Keller Responded in Dr. Lucas's comment section:

Dear Sean--

You are kind. (But you haven't read the whole book yet!) Seriously, I am very much trying to argue in the tradition of Van Til, but I know there are different interpretations of him, and I look forward to hearing from some of his proponents who may feel I deviate from his method at places.

Tim Keller


Greg our Youth Pastor, whom I love, Responded to my post over at our blog:

That’s it Carlos, you bring Keller and I’ll bring the dutch…its on.

Then again, Keller would bring out his whole NY army of thugs, but then again, the dutch would bring all of Michigan.

Then again, Keller would bring Guliani…and the dutch would bring Bavinck (with Ben D to help translate) and it would be a stale mate.

Bottom line, read them both.






No comments: