Thursday, April 30, 2009

He Sings Over Me!

“The Lord your God is in your midst,

a mighty one who will save;

he will rejoice over you with gladness;

he will quiet you by his love;

he will exult over you with loud singing”

Zeph. 3:17


Have you ever had a verse that the Spirit just kept putting in front of you? This verse is just that for me. A couple weeks ago I watched an amazing video featuring Louie Giglio where he read the lyrics from the song “Mighty to Save”. This song seems to be inspired from, or at the very least quotes this verse. I could not stop singing, listening and dwelling on the truth found in this song. Follow that up with a few people, including a speaker from last weeks’ conference quoting this verse over the past couple of weeks. Then upon reading Sam Storms book “Convergence” he also speaks of this verse.


Needless to say today I quieted my heart, got on my knees and asked God to reveal what is going on. Why this verse?


Honestly I think it was God’s way to reassure me that He is here with me. That His purposes will not be thwarted. This has been an extremely heavy week at our church. With the excitement and busyness of our upcoming Clarus conference there have been a few funerals as well as tough situations involving marriages, relationships and put simply, sin.


I think this verse was put in front of me to show me, that God is bigger. God is mighty, He is Great, and Greater than I know or can fathom. That He is saving and renewing even in these valleys. And that in the chaos of everything I need to look upon the cross and be quieted by His Amazing Love! I need to learn to seek His face and sit at His feet.


When I do that He does not just smile or nod. He actually rejoices. More than that He sings over me, He sings loudly! Wow, God, the creator sings over me! Me, a rebel, a sinner, a loser who stresses out over such little things, God sings over me!


He sings because of His Son Jesus. Because His Son’s righteousness covers me. Because His Son took my punishment on the cross, and conquered death by His resurrection! I am a son of God, I am His child. Not “like a son”, but an actual son. I have been adopted into His family, and when I go to Dad, when I sit and love and enjoy Dad, He sings over me!


Awesome, Refreshing, Awakening!!!!

No comments: