Thursday, June 04, 2009

Keeping The End In Mind

This was incredibly refreshing to my soul today.

From The Redemption Blog:

My wife and I ran a half marathon a couple of years ago. Among many things, it was extremely difficult. About half way through the race I became separated from most of the other runners and for about 7 miles I ran alone.

With every step the desire to quit and keel over became stronger and thought of sitting down sounded heavenly. But the thing that kept me going was thinking about the moment of crossing the finish line.


This same thought does great good for my faith.


We (human beings) are all headed to the same end. Death. After we die, we will stand before Jesus and we will give an account for the life we lived on earth and nothing gets me more excited than thinking of hearing "Well done good and faithful servant," from my Savior.

Imagine this with me. All of our lives we live (hopefully) to worship Jesus and to please and honor him, then finally we see him face to face and he says "well done". Friends, there is nothing sweeter to live for!


This is what I think of when life is difficult or when I feel pride creeping up or when I have a chance to share the gospel. This is the thought that carries me through and motivates me to stay humble, keep the faith, and finish well.

I hope that it does the same for you and I hope we can spend eternity together enjoying God.

No comments: