Saturday, November 25, 2006

Out of Sight

Here I am in my nice office, in my nice house 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, I have a desktop computer, and a laptop next to it, we have 2 cars neither over 10 years old, and we have a refrigirator full of food, and a pantry also full of food. We live in a nice neighborhood and occasionally on the way to work see a homeless person, but I am a sinful, selfish man. I easily get lost in my utopia of stuff and forget that on this same planet, people made in the image of God, like me, are dying, starving, and being exterminated. Rwanda, Uganda, Iraq, Korea, China, Somalia, Kenya. May I be brought to my knees in prayer and may I also give, and pray how else God can use me to help the helpless, homeless, and orphaned. After all we have been given the greatest treasure of all, how can we In Christ not yearn to share it with a refugee in Uganda, or a alcoholic homeless man on Central Ave. here in Alb, and not just the message of the cross, but also, although not as important, food, clothing, money, prayer, love.

I think my point in this rambling is that in my world of clothes in abudacne, technology all around, and family support I forget this world is fallen and there are those image bearers that live in cardboard boxes, have no family and will not make to see the sun, but hopefully by the grace of God will see the Son.
This Article found at New Attitude is what really convicted me on my blissfull and sinful ignorance.

Also Vitamin Z's blog on the movie he just watched, which I have not seen but is now the next movie on my Netflix queue.

No comments: